The programme helps participants to develop the academic and social skills they will be expected to have when studying at a Higher Education institution in an English speaking country. Classes are small with a maximum of 9 participants.
- Intensive curriculum combines subject-specific lectures, IELTS examination preparation and group enterprise challenges to develop critical thinking, interpersonal communication and other key areas required to ensure success at an English speaking university.
- 30 contact hours per week.
- Each week is dedicated to a different academic theme and begins with a lecture delivered by an expert tutor in the field, after which the group enterprise challenges will be set.
- Weekly off-campus visits take place to companies related to the theme students have been learning about. This enables participants to gain first-hand subject knowledge and to use their English in real-life business situations.
- Continual assessments during the course and regular testing to monitor progress.
Sample weekly programme:
Entrepreneurial Week: Economic, Business & Finance
Go Viral Week: Marketing & Public Relations
Global Development Week: Planning & Design
Outside of class, students are encouraged to participate in University-style societies and will be guided to design parts of the activity programme with their colleagues. Extra-curricula time is carefully organised to promote self-confidence, teamwork and independence in Chartam students.