ELTS is required for entry to university in the UK and other English-speaking countries. It is the most recognised English qualification in the world. This course ensures that you are fully prepared for the IELTS test with all aspects of the test covered in the classroom. At Chartam extra attention is given to the writing test as this is often the weakest of the 4 main areas for many students.
Key course information:
- An intensive course that provides thorough exam preparation, including lots of practice papers followed by detailed feedback and advice on the areas you need to work on to achieve your best score in the real examination
- Maximise your IELTS score by learning the specialist English language required for the test from our expert teaching team
- Build confidence is using English is all four of the different components of the exam: Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing
- Extra attention given to the writing test, as this is often the weakest of the 4 main areas for many students
- Receive regular one-to-one tutorials with your teacher to review your progress
- Small class sizes to ensure you can receive plenty of individual attention on the areas you personally need to focus on for your IELTS test
- Be set practical and fun exercises each evening so that you can improve your English in a real world situations where you are also soaking up the best of English culture whilst living in London
- Homework is given every day so that you are learning in a fully immersed way as quickly and completely as possible
- Weekly test sessions so your teachers can continually monitor your individual progress and development and then provide personalised advice on areas for you to work on
- Study with other highly motivated students in an intensive atmosphere where you make progress every single day
- Regular mock examinations, under exam conditions, will ensure that you are confident going into the examination centre
- At least 15 hours of guided self-study tasks will be set to ensure that you are studying productively outside of the classroom
- Learn the academic study skills needed to study at an English-speaking university or college
- We help you register for your examination so that you can just focus on learning what you need rather than worrying about any of the practical aspects
Please note that we strongly advise you book early for this course, as we there is normally a waiting list of students who want to learn the secrets of IELTS exam success with us.
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is the world’s most popular high stakes English language proficiency test for work, study and migration, with more than 2.7 million tests taken in the past year.
Chartam examination courses are designed to offer candidates the best opportunity possible to achieve their target result. Our dedicated IELTS preparation classes combined with an English skills programme ensure that students devote the required amount of time towards language learning and development and perfecting the examination techniques required for success. Classes are taught in small groups of 8-10 students.
IELTS is now recognised by more than 9,000 organisations including educational institutions, employers, professional associations and governments, in over 140 countries around the world.
IELTS is a test of your language skills in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. You will take the Listening, Reading and Writing tests one after the other on the same day, with no breaks in between. Depending on your test centre, your Speaking test may be on the same day as the other three tests, or up to seven days before or after that. The total test time is under three hours.
At Chartam our goal is to ensure students are fully prepared for their IELTS examination and feel comfortable with each of the papers. Special attention is given to the writing paper as this is a weak area for many.
The educational environment in the school helps to focus learners on their examination goal as they study with other highly motivated students in an intensive atmosphere where progress is made every single day.
Start Dates: IELTS - any Monday; recommend the 1st Monday of the Month